The Aboriginal Business Leadership Program (ABLP)
ABLP South West – Building stronger Aboriginal business and business leaders in the South West
The Aboriginal Business Leadership Program (ABLP) is a Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development funded program, supported by the South West Development Commission, and is aimed at assisting Aboriginal business leaders to have increased leadership capacity and capability to establish and grow viable and sustainable businesses in regional Western Australia.
Its core objectives are to:
- Strengthen Aboriginal business leaders’ capacity and capability to shape and drive best practice local business development;
- Develop Aboriginal business leaders’ skills, knowledge, confidence, motivation and networks to make sound and sustainable business decisions;
- Empower Aboriginal people to be resilient and capable business leaders, entrepreneurs and innovators who can harness growth opportunities and support the development of emerging and existing local Aboriginal businesses.
ABLP South West will be tailored to meet specific regional need, identified through initial and ongoing stakeholder engagement and will target Aboriginal business owners, business leaders and emerging business leaders in the Bunbury / South West region.
The program will commence in the first quarter of 2018.
The program itself will involve:
- Facilitated training workshops on topics identified as relevant to Aboriginal business leaders in the region.
- Development of action learning projects for individual participants to develop their business goals and vision with mentoring supports provided to ensure learnings and commitments are implemented.
- Introductions and exploration of relevant supports and initiatives, plus growth and collaborative opportunities in the region.
- The program may also be linked to units in a nationally accredited Leadership and Management qualification.
The ABLP South West will provide numerous benefits to participants including an opportunity to:
- Gain clarity regarding your business goals and vision
- Understand and strengthen your business leadership skills
- Increase networks & seek collaborative opportunities
- Access training and mentoring supports to assist your to develop your business
- Increase awareness of local and regional business development challenges and opportunities
- Potentially gain Statements of Attainment for units from a nationally accredited Leadership and Management qualification